Software Engineer - Machine Learning (Computer Vision)
Join our Computer Vision and Machine learning team, where things move fast and where we build great AI technology with our talented team of CV and ML engineers. We work with RNN (recurrent), CNN (convolutional), OCR, Python, C++, TensorFlow, OpenCV and many more technologies to create the best and most secure AI online onboarding flow for our clients.
We are on a mission to automate the most critical online onboarding solution to catch crime and identity fraud! We want to do this by the sheer commitment, knowledge and cooperation of our Computer Vision engineers to make sure that our solution is impenetrable and the most reliable in the world. And we have done some really cool things already… Now we need you to help us get even better in this part! We need you if you are an execution focused engineer that loves to see written code in production.
Your job at Fourthline
We think it is fair to say that you can prepare yourself for the ride and learning experience of your lifetime. We have the best engineers to work with. We will not (and cannot) tell you everything in detail here, impossible! So many cool things going on, but more generic:
- Build, improve and work within the Machine Learning Team to design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on machine learning systems
- Work together with our dedicated (and genuinely fun!) team to make the best product we can think of… Or better… Make it something we couldn’t even dream of… You rock!
- You will work together with experts in fraud knowledge to add the most uncompromised ground truth data to train our data
- Communication is key! Since we work with our AI DevOps team, our KYC development team and our Mobile teams we and you need to make sure your software is of added value to everyone
- To learn as a professional yourself as well... We like the continuous learning attitude and with Sebastian - the professor - on board you are in good hands! We do bi-weekly knowledge sharing sessions to keep ourselves up to date
- Weekly knowledge sharing sessions
- Create prototypes and products using: Python, C++, OpenCV, TensorFlow, and more (you can add new things if it suits our goals)
- Continuously optimize our technology based on millions of newly processed images
You will work within the Machine Learning Team to design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on large scale machine learning systems
Hard requirements (knock out criteria)
Around 5 years of experience in machine learning or AI Systems and large-scale data processing/analytics
MSc (or higher, e.g., PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving Machine Learning
Execution focus with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience with software engineering in Python, C/C++ and other
Experience with machine learning software (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, TF serving)
- At least 1-year of experience in contributing to architecture and design (patterns, scaling and reliability) of new and current systems (AWS, API’s, microservices)
- At least 1-year experience with OCR
- Due to the Corona virus we currently don’t relocate people, so you need to be in the Netherlands already (we can take over sponsorship/visa, but cannot apply for new ones at this moment in time).
Other things we would we like to see
Development experience with at least one modern language such as Java or C#
- Knowledge of professional software engineering, the best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with ML/AI software and computer vision in production and at scale
- Experience in GPU, acceleration and performance tuning
- One extensive project with Convolutional RNN’s
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the capability of thinking out of the box (proactive working attitude!)
What we offer, next to a great salary
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people. We work with the most modern technology and...
- The chance to work on cutting edge technology in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated and talented team that wants to share knowledge!
- Flat structures and open communication
- Ping pong / darts / table football
- 4 office dogs (current count)