Software Engineer Machine Learning
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer Machine Learning that has brought machine learning models and algorithms into production in real-time. The performance part is really important for us and therefore you know your way around AWS, Docker Kubernetes and API's already!
If you want to join a team where things move fast and where we build great AI technology with our talented team of R&D Engineers this could be. We work with Recurrent (RNN) and Convolutional (CNN) Neural Networks, Discriminative and Generative models; a few applications we challenge ourselves with being image quality assessment, OCR (Optical Character Recognition), fraud and outlier detection, liveliness detection, and intricate Data Science problems.
We know you love tech, so here you have it:
Python, C++, TensorFlow (& -Serving), OpenCV, Network Pruning, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS technologies, and many more to create the best and most secure AI online onboarding flow for our clients.
Our mission in the team!
We are on a mission to automate the most critical online onboarding solution to catch crime and identity fraud! We want to do this by the sheer commitment, knowledge, and cooperation of our Computer Vision engineers and researchers to make sure that our solution is impenetrable and the most reliable of its kind. And we have done some really cool things already… Now we need you to help us get even better at it! So bring it on…
Your job at Fourthline
We think it is fair to say that you can prepare yourself for the ride and learning experience of your lifetime. We have the best engineers to work with. We will not (and cannot) tell you everything in detail here, impossible! So many cool things going on, but more generally:
- Build, improve and work on our AI production flows with multiple platform and computer vision techniques
- Create real-time processing machine learning solutions and bring them into production
- Create APIs, prototypes, and products using: TensorFlow Serving, AWS, and more (you can add new things if it suits our goals)
- Continuously optimize our technology based on millions of newly processed images
- Work together with our dedicated (and genuinely fun!) team to make the best product we can think of… Or better… Make it something we couldn’t even dream of… You rock!
- Communication is key! Since we work with our Platform team, KYC Integration and Automation team, and Mobile teams, we need to make sure your new model is of added value to everyone
- To learn as a professional yourself as well... We like the continuous learning attitude and with Sebastian - the professor - on board, you are in good hands! We do bi-weekly knowledge-sharing sessions to keep ourselves up to date!
Hard requirements (knock out criteria)
At least 3+ years of experience (after finishing university/professional education) in machine learning, large scale data processing/analytics, productizing ML algorithms
- MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related field
- At least 6 months experience with performance-critical network architecture (like MobileNet)
Experience in network pruning techniques
- At least 1 year experience in working with Machine Learning Microservices and APIs, Docker and AWS
- Experience with running machine learning models on GPU in the cloud
- Experience with TensorFlow Serving and online/ continuous learning preferred
- You are either an EU citizen or in possession of a valid Dutch work visa, (preferably based in Amsterdam / the Netherlands already
Other things we would like to see
- A strong background and hands-on experience in making algorithms and networks production-ready and deploying them in cloud services (AWS)
- Experience with API's and TensorFlow Serving preferred
- A track record and background in Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Solid programming skills with Python and/or C/C++
- In-depth understanding of deep learning algorithms and workflows, in particular working with large scale visual data is of added value to us
- Understanding of the algorithms used in our domain should be up-to-date (the latest developments in computer vision and machine learning)
- Experience creating new successful APIs and SDK's delivered in multiple languages (nice to have)
- You are expected to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the capability of thinking outside of the box (pro-active working attitude!)
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people and that is why we offer
- Great compensation package, certainly compared to other scaleups/startups;
- The chance to work at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, teaming with the biggest names in fintech and banking;
- An opportunity to work for a multinational scale-up that is growing rapidly (1,000% growth over 3 years);
- Opportunities to match your ambitions: Your ideas will be needed so that together we can become the biggest and best online identity provider in the world (whilst releasing other new products!);
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries;
- A workplace in our fun office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam;
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues (when allowed again);
- After-work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays (when allowed again);
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy;
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team that will grow a lot;
- Flat structures and open communication;
- Ping pong/darts/table football, because it is fun (when allowed again);
- Four office dogs (current count).
NOTE: For this role we can only consider people that are Amsterdam/Randstad area based (We will not relocate from outside Europe - due to Corona). We will be able to offer sponsorship to those that already hold an HSM status in the Netherlands.