(Senior) Account Executive Europe
Fourthline is a rapidly growing fintech startup, based in Amsterdam and Barcelona. We fight financial crime by helping banks and leading fintech companies with their KYC (short for Know Your Customer and is nerdy jargon for "onboarding").
We have grown >100% in the last quarters alone and work with companies like N26, KPN, DEGIRO, Vivid, Trade Republic, Nationale Nederlanden, Wish, Solarisbank, Bol.com, and many more! With 200 Fourthliners today, we are on a mission to fight financial crime! Since the launch of our KYC solutions three and a half years ago, we have run millions and millions of verifications. In the past twelve months, we have signed contracts with Europe’s most respected (neo)banks, online brokers, and fintechs.
With VC backing of 20mn+ and a strong leadership team, we are working on the next phase of our growth. For 2021, we are on track to grow in new territories in Europe. And this is where you come in! As an Account Executive, we rely on your to further accelerate our growth in the European region
“Easy as ABC...” -- some reasons why you might enjoy working here:
Enjoy the freedom and autonomy. Fourthline launched its first product only in January 2018. This implies you'll have a lot of opportunity and freedom (exciting greenfield) when it comes to execution and potential. The market potential in the DACH region is huge and we're ready to scale into new territories!
Further strengthen your sales skills. You will run complex sales cycles with banks and fintechs that have many layers and decision-makers. You will build out multiple verticals (e.g., insurers, fintechs, online brokers, crypto platforms)
Build out your entrepreneurial skills. Create a European market for Fourthline. Conquering the DACH region first, then Europe – and then the world (travel post-covid)
Learning on steroids from the team. You'll work closely with our Senior Leadership (Ex-McKinsey, ex-WorldPay, ex-ABN Amro) and report to our CCO (ex-Stripe, ex-McKinsey). A growing team of driven folks, with a mix of both young and experienced colleagues, that are here to disrupt the market
Chill with our office dogs. With our office next to the Vondelpark (and after a bit less COVID and a bit more vaccine), you'll hopefully enjoy our two team dogs: Maya and Sir Nelson!
What we are looking for in you
Commercial business sense and sales experience in the DACH, Spanish or French region
- Consultative selling in the fintech space would be a great first step!
- SaaS and deeper product experience will help you understand our product better.
- Startup experience would be nice to have as you have experienced the dynamics of an ever-changing environment.
- Sales experience is key. We need you to bring experience! And maybe mentor more junior colleagues..
- Very well-developed analytical skills.
- Interest and focus on knowledge sharing and gathering.
- Interest in compliance and legal (our field of business has lots of that!).
- Reading up to gain new knowledge is something you like to do.
A person “we want to drink a beer or wine with”
- Fun personality that brings energy to our team.
- Sociable and fun to be around. A proud possessor of the positive mindset.
- Clients need to trust and like you because of the lengthy sales cycles you will not only talk numbers, so they better like to talk and work with you!
All good so far? And you recognize yourself here? Cool, continue reading!
Or, what else you bring to the table
At minimum 5 years of working experience in sales / business development. Please feel free to apply if you more/less experience as we have multiple seniority levels (AE, Senior AE, Enterprise AE). And +2 years working the DACH, Spanish or French market would be great!
Native proficiency in German, Spanish or French and professional skills in English
Territory market experience is highly appreciated.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Go-getter attitude that drives you that is combined with a well-developed layer of consultative selling. Going towards your goal without people noticing it...
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people and that is why we offer:
- Great compensation package (fix + bonus) -- certainly compared to other startup benchmarks
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance and (fin)tech
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team that will grow a lot (+10 people next year!)
- Flat structures and open communication
And when we can go to the office again:
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
- Five office dogs (current count)
NOTE: For this role we can only consider people that are in the possession of an European passport and that are either in The Netherlands already or are willing to relocate to Amsterdam (without too much support)