(Senior) Account Executive
Fourthline is a rapidly growing fintech startup, based in Amsterdam and Barcelona. We fight financial crime by helping banks and leading fintech companies with their KYC (short for Know Your Customer and is nerdy jargon for "onboarding").
We have grown >100% in the last quarter alone and work with companies like N26, KPN, DEGIRO, Vivid, Trade Republic, Nationale Nederlanden, Wish, Solarisbank, Bol.com, and many more! With 200 Fourthliners today, we are on a mission to fight financial crime! Since the launch of our KYC solutions three years ago, we have run millions and millions of verifications. In the past twelve months, we have signed contracts with Europe’s most respected (neo)banks, online brokers, and fintechs.
With VC backing of 20mn+ and a strong leadership team, we are working on the next phase of our growth. For 2021, we are on track to grow even faster than last year. And this is where you come in! As a (senior) Account Executive, we rely on your to further accelerate our growth!
“Easy as ABC...” -- some reasons why you might enjoy working here:
Enjoy the freedom and autonomy. Fourthline launched its first product only in January 2018. This implies you'll have a lot of opportunity and freedom (exciting greenfield) when it comes to execution and potential. The market potential is huge (estimated at 20bn in 2022) and the future bright.
Further strengthen your sales skills. You will run complex sales cycles with banks and fintechs that have many layers and decision-makers. You will build out multiple verticals (e.g., insurers, fintechs, online brokers, crypto platforms).
Build out your entrepreneurial skills. Create a European market for Fourthline. Conquering Europe first – the world later (travel post-covid).
Learn on steroids from the team. You'll work closely with our Senior Leadership (Ex-McKinsey, ex-Messagebird, ex-WorldPay, ex-ABN Amro) and report to our CCO (ex-Stripe, ex-McKinsey). A growing team of driven folks, with a mix of both young and experienced colleagues, that are here to disrupt the market.
Chill with our office dogs. With our office next to the Vondelpark (and after a bit less COVID and a bit more vaccine), you'll hopefully enjoy our two team dogs: Maya and Sir Nelson!
What we are looking for in you
Commercial business sense and sales experience
- Consultative selling in the fintech space would be a great first step!
- SaaS and deeper product experience will help you understand our product better.
- Startup experience would be nice to have as you have experienced the dynamics of an ever-changing environment.
- Sales experience is key. We need you to bring experience! And maybe mentor more junior colleagues..
- Very well-developed analytical skills.
- Interest and focus on knowledge sharing and gathering.
- Interest in compliance and legal (our field of business has lots of that!).
- Reading up to gain new knowledge is something you like to do.
A person “we want to drink a beer with” (0% or 6%, its all good!)
- Fun personality that brings energy to our team.
- Sociable and fun to be around. A proud possessor of the positive mindset.
- Clients need to trust and like you because of the lengthy sales cycles you will not only talk numbers, so they better like to talk and work with you!
All good so far? And you recognize yourself here? Cool, continue reading!
Or, what else you bring to the table
At minimum 6 to 9 years of working experience in sales / business development. Please feel free to apply i
f you more/less experience as we have multiple seniority levels (AE, Senior AE, Enterprise AE).
Native proficiency in English (German, Italian, French or Spanish is a huge bonus).
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Go-getter attitude that drives you that is combined with a well-developed layer of consultative selling. Going towards your goal without people noticing it...
Liked what you read and are now wondering what you can expect from us?
We are growing fast! That means a lot of room for impact in a fairly new KYC market that is exploding! You will get the chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global FinTech, Banking as a Service, Crypto and trading platforms. And next to that we offer:
- A great compensation package
- 25 days of holidays to chill
- Pension scheme in place
- A 50/50 hybrid WFH/WFO model. We believe the office can be key to collaborate, be creative and align. And we know you can be productive at home when focus is required
- Senior leadership team and growth driven teams that bring out the best in you
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a highly motivated, talented team
- Flat structures and open communication
- Office dogs! (they are the cutest!)
- Snacks & fruit always available. And when we are allowed to create more freedom you can find catered lunch + awesome Friday drinks in our very own bar again!
NOTE: For this role we can only consider people that are Amsterdam/Randstad area based (We will not relocate from outside Europe - due to Corona). We will be able to offer sponsorship to those that already hold an HSM status in the Netherlands.