Risk & Control Specialist
Whoever said that Risk & Compliance was boring and dull never worked for Fourthline! Prepare yourself for a fast-growing scale-up in the FinTech and RegTech space that is changing the way people think about KYC processes and regulatory environments. We are (one of) the only fully regulated KYC providers and a market disruptor. Fourthline develops smart and innovative solutions and is a trusted institute for highly regulated partners. This is a role where you can really make your mark on the organization - no fully scoped-out job where you are just ‘a means to an end’ or a tick box exercise. As the company is growing, we expect you to evolve and grow with us and at Fourthline we promise you the chance to do just that. Throw away your tie and mothball-ridden suits as you will not need those with us.
Your job is to form part of the best ‘first line’ we could ever wish, together with the second line of defence, namely Risk Management & Compliance. You will be part of the Strategy & Operations team within Fourthline with a reporting line to Operations and a dotted line reporting to Risk Management & Compliance. With the ever-changing technological and legislative landscape and growth in our market, these are exciting times for our organization. We will accompany you in your mission by providing management support to reach our goals and to grow together!
What you will do
Participate in and take ownership of Risk-related projects
- Independently (and with minimal supervision) successfully start, lead and finish relevant risk-related projects within Operations.
Spearhead risk efforts within Operations
- Be super sharp on tracking, monitoring, reporting and mitigating operational risk issues for the Operations department.
- Keep abreast of latest operational risk management techniques and industry best practices.
- Play an important role in updating and improving the risk control framework in-line with Fourthline’s growth ambitions and in close collaboration with the second line.
- Support us in both obtaining and adhering to external certifications, assurance and audit reports, such as ISO 27001, ISAE 3000 and/or 3402, eIDAS and country specific certifications (e.g., ANSSI/PVID in France).
Help develop (and improve) the risk policies and standards
- Develop and implement operational risk policies and standards for Operations (as a part of the broader Risk framework at Fourthline).
- (Support in) the creation and (further) standardization of internal processes and documentation.
- Assist senior Operations management in further development of key risk and control indicators.
- Maintain documentation for risk management and risk policies and procedures.
Help perform risk assessments:
- Coordinate and perform operational risk identification and (gap-)assessments in Operations units and formulate and implement control measures to prevent, eliminate and mitigate these operational risks (i.e. via a SIRA).
- Investigate root causes of operational risks and provide support to mitigate risk.
Improve risk awarenes:
- Continuously train the Fourthline Operations team to increase risk awareness.
Be the linking pin with all relevant stakeholders
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Implementations, IT and business partners by addressing issues/concerns in a timely and transparent manner.
- Bachelor or master’s degree, ideally backed by relevant additional courses within the fields of Operational Risk Management / Non-Financial Risk or IT risk management
- You possess minimum 2 years of experience within (Operational) Risk Management, Audit or Non-Financial Risk, ideally gained within a consultancy, professional services or financial services environment.
- You will have experience in (Operational) Risk related topics (e.g., business continuity management, operational security, quality assurance, project management, external and internal audit and assurance)
- Ideally you will have experience with Confluence or similar project management tools, creating process maps, flowcharts, process descriptions, procedures, policies etc.
- As a person you are a:
- Quick and eager learner, analytical and solution-oriented;
- Very hands-on and proactive in attitude and you can roll your sleeves up with the best of them;
- A good communicator both verbally as in writing.
- You understood business processes and can document, translate and help ensure for their implementation and have a thirst to collaborate with the business in order to mitigate risks and to offer advice on the control framework;
- You have experience and knowledge of risk self-assessments;
- A mindset that meets Fourthline’s view that embracing regulation leads to business opportunities;
- You thrive in a hyper-growth company!
Liked what you read and are now wondering what you can expect from us?
We are growing fast! That means a lot of room for impact in a fairly new KYC market that is exploding! You will get the chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global FinTech, Banking as a Service, Crypto and trading platforms. And next to that we offer:
- A great compensation package
- 25 days of holidays to chill
- Pension scheme in place
- A 50/50 hybrid WFH/WFO model. We believe the office can be key to collaborate, be creative and align. And we know you can be productive at home when focus is required
- Senior leadership team and growth driven teams that bring out the best in you
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a highly motivated, talented team
- Flat structures and open communication
- Office dogs! (they are the cutest!)
- Snacks & fruit always available + awesome Friday drinks in our very own bar. And when we are allowed to create more freedom you can find catered lunch again!
Please note: For this role, we only consider people that are Amsterdam / Randstad area based.