R&D Machine Learning Engineer - Biometrics
Join our Computer Vision and Machine learning team, where things move fast and where we build great AI technology with our talented team of research engineers. We work with CNNs discriminative and generative model scopes, with RNNs, OCR using technologies such as Python, C++, TensorFlow, OpenCV, and many more to create the best and most secure AI online onboarding flow for our clients.
We are on a mission to automate the most critical online onboarding solution to catch crime and identity fraud! We want to do this by the sheer commitment, knowledge, and cooperation of our Computer Vision engineers and researchers to make sure that our solution is impenetrable and the most reliable of its kind. And we have done some really cool things already… Now we need you to help us get even better in this part! So, bring it on…
Your job at Fourthline
We think it is fair to say that you can prepare yourself for the ride and learning experience of your lifetime. We have the best engineers to work with. We will not (and cannot) tell you everything in detail here, impossible! So many cool things going on, but more generic:
- Build, improve and work on our AI platform with multiple computer vision techniques.
- Create prototypes and products using: Python, C++, OpenCV, TensorFlow, and more (you can add new things if it suits our goals).
- Continuously optimize our technology based on millions of newly processed images.
- Work together with our dedicated (and genuinely fun!) team to make the best product we can think of… Or better… Make it something we couldn’t even dream of… You rock!
- Communication is key! Since we work with our AI DevOps team, Fraud team, our KYC development team, and our Mobile teams we and you need to make sure your new model is of added value to everyone.
- To learn as a professional yourself as well... We like the continuous learning attitude, you are in good hands here! We do weekly knowledge-sharing sessions to keep ourselves up to date and discuss the most recent research, new tech, and fundamentals in computer science!
Hard requirements (knock out criteria)
At least 3-5+ years of experience in machine learning/computer vision after graduation
At least 2+ years of experience in Biometrics, such as face recognition, head pose estimation, facial landmark estimation
A completed MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Math or related field
- You are either an EU citizen or in possession of a valid Dutch work visa (preferably based in the Netherlands already)
- You are willing and able with working at least 3-4 days per week in our office! This has to do with the sensitive data you process in your daily work that is not able to be accessed outside of our office environment.
Other things we would like to see
- Solid programming skills with Python and/or C/C++
- In-depth understanding of deep learning algorithms and workflows, in particular working with large scale visual data is of added value to us
- Understanding of the algorithms used in our domain should be up-to-date (the latest developments in computer vision and machine learning)
- Experience creating new successful REST APIs and SDK's delivered in multiple languages (nice to have)
- You are expected to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the capability of thinking out of the box and seeing around corners (proactive working attitude!)
Liked what you read and are now wondering what you can expect from us?
We are growing fast! That means a lot of room for impact in a fairly new KYC market that is exploding! You will get the chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global FinTech, Banking as a Service, Crypto and trading platforms. And next to that we offer:
- A great compensation package
- 25 days of holidays to chill
- Pension scheme in place
- A hybrid WFH/WFO model. Normally 50/50, but for this role more 4 days in the office, 1 day from home!
- Senior leadership team and growth driven teams that bring out the best in you
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a highly motivated, talented team
- Flat structures and open communication
- Office dogs! (they are the cutest!)
- Snacks & fruit always available. And when we are allowed to create more freedom you can find catered lunch + awesome Friday drinks in our very own bar again!