R&D Machine Learning Engineer
Join our Computer Vision and Machine learning team, where things move fast and where we build great AI technology with our talented team of research engineers. We work with CNN's indiscriminative and generative model scopes, with RNNs, OCR using technologies such as Python, C++, TensorFlow, OpenCV, and many more to create the best and most secure AI online onboarding flow for our clients.
We are on a mission to automate the most critical online onboarding solution to catch crime and identity fraud! We want to do this by the sheer commitment, knowledge, and cooperation of our Computer Vision engineers and researchers to make sure that our solution is impenetrable and the most reliable of its kind. And we have done some really cool things already… Now we need you to help us get even better in this part! So, bring it on…
Your job at Fourthline
We think it is fair to say that you can prepare yourself for the ride and learning experience of your lifetime. We have the best engineers to work with. We will not (and cannot) tell you everything in detail here, impossible! So many cool things going on, but more generic:
- Build, improve and work on our AI platform with multiple computer vision techniques.
- Create prototypes and products using: Python, C++, OpenCV, TensorFlow, and more (you can add new things if it suits our goals).
- Continuously optimize our technology based on millions of newly processed images.
- Work together with our dedicated (and genuinely fun!) team to make the best product we can think of… Or better… Make it something we couldn’t even dream of… You rock!
- Communication is key! Since we work with our AI DevOps team, Fraud team, our KYC development team, and our Mobile teams we and you need to make sure your new model is of added value to everyone.
- To learn as a professional yourself as well... We like the continuous learning attitude, you are in good hands! We do weekly knowledge-sharing sessions to keep ourselves up to date and discuss the most recent research, new tech, and fundamentals in computer science!
Hard requirements (knock out criteria)
At least 2-5+ years of experience in machine learning/computer vision
MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Math or related field
- You are either an EU citizen or in possession of a valid Dutch work visa (preferably based in the Netherlands already)
Other things we would like to see
- Solid programming skills with Python and/or C/C++
- In-depth understanding of deep learning algorithms and workflows, in particular working with large scale visual data is of added value to us
- Understanding of the algorithms used in our domain should be up-to-date (the latest developments in computer vision and machine learning)
- Experience creating new successful REST APIs and SDK's delivered in multiple languages (nice to have)
- You are expected to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the capability of thinking out of the box and seeing around corners (proactive working attitude!)
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people and that is why we offer
- Great compensation package, certainly compared to other scaleups/startups
- The chance to work at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, teaming with the biggest names in fintech and banking
- An opportunity to work for a multinational scale-up that is growing rapidly (1,000% growth over 3 years)
- Opportunities to match your ambitions: Your ideas will be needed so that together we can become the biggest and best online identity provider in the world (whilst releasing other new products!)
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- A workplace in our fun office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues (when allowed again)
- After-work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays (when allowed again)
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team that will grow a lot
- Flat structures and open communication
- Ping pong/darts/table football, because it is fun (when allowed again)
- Five office dogs (current count)