Platform Engineer (BCN)
As our Senior Platform Engineer in Barcelona, you will be working closely with our AI and development teams in the DevOps way. That means getting your hands dirty with modern technologies in development and computer vision, but then in your capacity as Platform Engineer.
We could use your hands and ‘grey matter’ to solve the bigger challenges we are facing on all fronts of automation and getting more and more structure in our Platform team!
Your mission is to help the Fourthline software delivery teams to deploy even faster and more regularly using your DevOps skills. You are helping them with some essential and critical points to deliver results.
Together with our (SRE / Platform) team in Amsterdam and Barcelona you run a smooth process and optimize our infrastructure, deployment cycles, and overall operations.
Long story short, you are involved across the board with CI/CD, monitoring, real-time event analysis, incident response... you name it.
- Writing scripts to automate operations for our AI team and our development teams
- Build on top of existing tools for monitoring, notifications, and analysis and improve them.
- Investigating reported/suspected outage issues, documenting issues, resolution, maintaining a knowledge base of known issues and remedies
- Deploying, testing, and documenting development, pre-production, and production environments
- Providing escalation support and expertise to incident management processes involving client AWS/Cloud Infrastructures or related issues
- Scoping, designing, building, and maintaining infrastructure on AWS and other cloud environments
- Helping to build and grow the DevOps mentality and team as individuals and in collaboration
The Platform team is now 4 people (Cristian & Tasos in Barcelona and Amine & soon Oriol in Amsterdam). We hope to grow the team with 1 or 2 more people after you join since we want to launch 1 or 2 more products in the next year as well.
The tech stack (you might have worked with, but will learn here if you haven't):
Cloud: AWS (EC2, ECS, S3 buckets, Lambda, …)
Container/orchestrators: Docker, Kubernetes (not working with that yet, but coming)
IaC: Terraform, Ansible
Monitoring: Grafana, Prometheus, PagerDuty
Coding and scripting: .NET Core environment with microservices and Azure DevOps
3+ years of experience in Platform Engineering, SRE, and/or DevOps positions
- Experience with: AWS preferably (GCP or Azure are also welcome), Linux, Docker, and Terraform
- You are a great communicator with excellent English skills
- Willingness to work with the team in a 24/7 on-call solution (divided over the different engineers).
- Located in the EU (due to the Coronavirus we currently don’t relocate people outside of the EU - and we prefer someone who is in Barcelona already)
Extra points if you also have knowledge in:
- HashiCorp Vault
- Python and/or .NET
- Grafana, Prometheus
- Azure DevOps
What do we offer, next to a good salary?
We have a great office with a great view overlooking Montjuic and the rest of the city that we recently redesigned to make it a great place to work from (if we are allowed again). And like you, we value:
- A “flexible” package of secondary benefits where you can choose the components that you like most (Think: meal tickets, health insurance, transportation costs, etc…)
- Working from home a few days per week (fully remote options to at least January 2021)
- A personal education budget to continuously develop yourself
- English classes if you need (or want) them! (when in the office again)
- A high degree of collaboration within the team and autonomy to work on your own projects
- Crucial role in a highly motivated and talented team
- Friday drinks (it's a Dutch thing, but it's a good way to close the week...) (when in the office again)
- Flexible working hours
- A real team! We play pádel together, have lunches outside of the office and hang out together on Fridays and go mountain biking together in the weekend
- A great opportunity that will challenge you a lot!
Due to the Corona virus we currently do not relocate people, so you need to be in Barcelona already.