As our Senior Platform Engineer in Amsterdam, you will be working closely with our AI and development teams in the DevOps way. That means getting your hands dirty with modern technologies in development and computer vision, but then in your capacity as Platform Engineer.
We could use your hands and ‘grey matter’ to solve the bigger challenges we are facing on all fronts of automation and getting more and more structure in our Platform team!
Your mission is to help the Fourthline software delivery teams to deploy even faster and more regularly using your DevOps skills. You are helping them with some essential and critical points to deliver results.
Together with our (SRE / Platform) team in Amsterdam and Barcelona you run a smooth process and optimize our infrastructure, deployment cycles, and overall operations.
Long story short, you are involved across the board with CI/CD, monitoring, real-time event analysis, incident response... you name it.
- Writing scripts to automate operations for our AI team and our development teams
- Build on top of existing tools for monitoring, notifications, and analysis and improve them.
- Investigating reported/suspected outage issues, documenting issues, resolution, maintaining a knowledge base of known issues and remedies
- Deploying, testing, and documenting development, pre-production, and production environments
- Providing escalation support and expertise to incident management processes involving client AWS/Cloud Infrastructures or related issues
- Scoping, designing, building, and maintaining infrastructure on AWS and other cloud environments
- Helping to build and grow the DevOps mentality and team as individuals and in collaboration
The Platform team is now 4 people (Simone & Cristian in Barcelona and Amine & Maxim in Amsterdam). We hope to grow the team with 1 or 2 more people after you join since we want to launch 1 or 2 more products in the next year as well.
The tech (you might have worked with, but will learn here if you haven't):
- Cloud: AWS (EC2, ECS, S3 buckets, Lambda, …)
- Container/orchestrators: Docker, Kubernetes (not working with that yet, but coming)
- IaC: Terraform, Ansible
- Monitoring: Grafana, Prometheus, PagerDuty
- Coding and scripting: .NET Core environment with microservices and Azure DevOps
3+ years of experience in Platform Engineering, SRE, and/or DevOps positions
- Experience with: AWS, Linux, Docker, and Terraform
- You are a great communicator with excellent English skills
- Willingness to work with the team in a 24/7 on-call solution (divided over the different engineers).
- Located in The Netherlands (due to the Coronavirus we currently don’t relocate people - we can take over sponsorship/visa, but cannot apply for new ones at this moment in time).
Extra points if you also have knowledge in:
- HashiCorp Vault
- Python and/or .NET
- Grafana, Prometheus
- Azure DevOps
Liked what you read and are now wondering what you can expect from us?
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people. We work with the most modern technology and offer...
- A good salary compared to other Scale-ups;
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance;
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries;
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Flat structures and open communication
- Ping pong/darts/table football, because it is fun... not because it is cool to mention :)
- Current count: 4 office dogs.