As our Senior Platform Engineer in Amsterdam, you will be working closely with our AI and development teams in the DevOps way. That means getting your hands dirty with modern technologies in development and computer vision, but then in your capacity as Platform Engineer. We have big ambitions and are growing fast. 2020 will be our year. Will it also be yours?
What you will do
Your mission is to help the Fourthline software delivery teams to deploy faster and more regular even using your DevOps skills. You are helping them on some essential and critical points to deliver results.
Together with our (SRE / Platform) team in Amsterdam and Barcelona you run a smooth process and optimize our infrastructure, deployment cycles and overall operations.
Long story short, you are involved across the board with CI/CD, monitoring, real-time event analysis, incident response... you name it. Some tasks include:
- Writing scripts to automate operations for our AI team and our development teams
- Build on top of existing tools for monitoring, notifications, and analysis and improve them.
- Investigating reported / suspected outage issues, documenting issues, resolution, maintaining a knowledge base of known issues and remedies
- Deploying, testing and documenting development, pre-production, and production environments
- Providing escalation support and expertise to incident management processes involving client AWS/Cloud Infrastructures or related issues
- Scoping, designing, building and maintaining infrastructure on AWS and other cloud environment
- Helping to build and grow the DevOps mentality and team as individuals and in collaboration
- Willingness to work with the team in a 24/7 on call solution (divided over the different engineers).
- You have 5+ years of experience in DevOps, and/or Development
- Experience with with AWS (possibly Docker) and DevOps & provisioning tooling (we use Terraform and Ansible)
- Improving the CI/CD delivery pipelines
- Further automating and supporting our cloud infrastructure
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault
- Prefarbly working knowledge of Python and/or .NET
- Monitoring (Grafana, Prometheus)
- You are a great communicator with excellent English skills
- Willingness to work with an 'on call' schedule with your colleagues
- Due to the Corona virus we currently don’t relocate people, so you need to be in the Netherlands already (we can take over sponsorship/visa, but cannot apply for new ones at this moment in time).
More of our tech that you might have worked with, but will learn here if you haven't:
Azure DevOps / PagerDuty / K8s / RabbitMQ / Eventsourcing in a Microservices architecture
What we offer
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people. We work with the most modern technology and...
- While the Power rangers worked for free we will pay you a very good salary
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Flat structures and open communication
- Ping pong / darts / table football, because it is fun... not because it is cool to mention :)
- current count: Four office dogs.