Platform Engineer (AMS)
As a Platform Engineer in Amsterdam, you will be working closely across with our AI, data, security, and development teams to provide a compelling internal product to accelerate delivery.
That means enabling other teams to onboard their applications and infrastructure to the platform as well as supporting the 100+ microservices that make Fourthline’s product.
You will continuously innovate and make the platform more reliable by designing new solutions and implementing them at scale.
Platform’s goal is to help software delivery teams to deploy faster, more regularly, and autonomously. You are helping them with some essential and critical points to deliver results.
Together with our (SRE / Platform) team in Amsterdam and Barcelona, you run a Platform as a Service based on microservices and containers to make the product deployment idempotent across any environment or cloud provider.
Long story short, you are involved across the board with CI/CD, monitoring, real-time event analysis, incident response, and automation.
- Develop, test, and build software to automate operations for internal stakeholders and ourselves.
- Building and/or using existing tools for monitoring, alerting, and notification systems.
- Troubleshoot either reported or suspected issues that can cause disruption to our service.
- Enhancing documentation and maintaining a knowledge base of issues and resolutions.
- Providing escalation support and expertise to incident management processes involving internal and external stakeholders.
- Scoping, designing, building, and maintaining infrastructure on AWS and other cloud environments.
- Helping to build and grow the DevOps mentality and team as individuals and in collaboration.
- Communicate changes effectively with your peers.
The Platform team is now 3 people (Geoff in Barcelona, and Marko & Oriol in Amsterdam). We hope to grow the team with 2 or 3 more people after you join since we have an ambitious roadmap for the next year.
The tech stack (you might have worked with, but will learn here if you haven't):
- 3+ years of experience in Platform Engineering, SRE, and/or DevOps positions.
- Broad experience in AWS or another cloud provider.
- You have a good background or knowledge of Unix systems.
- Good understanding of networking and Rest APIs.
- Experience with containers such as Docker and orchestrators(like Kubernetes), as well as Kubernetes operators(FluxCD, Flagger) and service mesh.
- Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform/Terragrunt.
- You are able to monitor and alert components effectively based on their capacity and deployment strategy.
- You will be able to code in at least Python or Golang whether it is for a Kubernetes operator, creating a CLI tool, Lambda or just automating a repetitive task.
- Understanding how important security and auditing is so you can contribute to having a good overview of security controls.
- Understand GitOps approach (plus).
- You are a great communicator with excellent English skills.
- Willingness to work with the team in a 24/7 on-call solution (weekly rotation).
Liked what you read and are now wondering what you can expect from us?
We are growing fast! That means a lot of room for impact in a fairly new KYC market that is exploding! You will get the chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global FinTech, Banking as a Service, Crypto and trading platforms. And next to that we offer:
- A great compensation package
- 25 days of holidays to chill
- Pension scheme in place
- A 50/50 hybrid WFH/WFO model. We believe the office can be key to collaborate, be creative and align. And we know you can be productive at home when focus is required
- Senior leadership team and growth driven teams that bring out the best in you
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a highly motivated, talented team
- Flat structures and open communication
- Office dogs! (they are the cutest!)
- Snacks & fruit always available. And when we are allowed to create more freedom you can find catered lunch + awesome Friday drinks in our very own bar again!