IT Support Engineer
Fourthline - the leading Fintech scale-up with the focus in Identity & verification (ID&V) – is looking for an all-round IT Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our internal colleagues in Barcelona & Amsterdam! This position offers so much more than a regular IT Support role since you will work on different IT projects to improve our environment (together with Thomas and Charlie), while diagnosing and troubleshooting and assisting your colleagues with software and hardware problems.
The IT Support team provides support to over 200 Fourthliners and ensures that everyone can work at full speed anywhere, anytime! Your mission is to provide the company with the best IT Support imaginable! You bring high quality, high standards and a great pace on execution!
We see some important responsibilities:
- You take ownership for the technical onboarding and offboarding of your colleagues based in Barcelona – you will make the difference in our fast-growing office!
- You will analyze, troubleshoot and resolve more complex IT issues (hardware, software, and related IT services) for example by using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support
Maintain Jira (the SD tool) and keep the assets up to date and tracked
- Be involved in different projects outside the main support such as budget keeping, SLA breaches, Demand Management analysis
Giving your (important) input in improvements of workflows, processes, like onboarding, offboarding and Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Build and maintain great relationship with your colleagues either via phone, email or chat, until you have solved a technical issue with regular feedback moments
- You are comfortable in working as part of a distributed team and communicating with technical and non-technical users.
…We’re looking for a highly technically equipped support engineer that can take the next step with us and continue to professionalize our IT support! Therefore, our list of requirements is quite long, but we’re looking for the best!
We’re looking for someone with:
5+ years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role for an international organization
BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field is highly appreciated
- Knowledge on commonly used IT systems and Cloud applications like:
- In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Chrome OS, Windows 7, 8 & 10, Office 365, Linux, and various applications (like the Adobe suite)
- Advanced knowledge in (Azure) Active Directory
- Experience with Lastpass, Slack, Zoom
- Advanced knowledge of JAMF PRO and JAMF Protect (certified would be a big plus)
- Experience with Atlassian products e.g Jira, Confluence
- Familiarity with AWS is a plus
- Experience supporting mobile devices including Android and iOS devices and their operating systems
- Experience troubleshooting conference room technology
Good understanding of networking equipment and protocols like:
TCP/IP networking protocols
Cisco Meraki and Cisco hardware
Overall strong experience in/with:
- Scripting (Powershell)
- IT Certificates (around security, cloud, user management)
- Experience with supporting people remotely
- Knowledge of best practices around data security
- Ability to work independently and organized, able to prioritize a busy workload
- Ability to work independently and taking ownership from day one
Willing to learn and going to extra mile to support at best your colleagues
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Ability to partner effectively with business leaders
and cross functional teams
Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
- Working proficiency in English (at least), and Spanish (at least B2 level)
- Be at our office in Barcelona 5 days per week (occasional remote work).
What do we offer, next to a good salary?
We have a great office with a great view overlooking Montjuic and the rest of the city that we recently redesigned to make it a great place to work from. And like you, we value:
- A “flexible” package of secondary benefits where you can choose the components that you like most (Think: meal tickets, health insurance, transportation costs, etc…)
- A personal education budget to continuously develop yourself
- English classes if you need (or want) them! (when in the office again)
- A high degree of collaboration within the team and autonomy to work on your own projects
- Crucial role in a highly motivated and talented team
- Friday drinks (it's a Dutch thing, but it's a good way to close the week...)
- Flexible working hours
- A real team! We play pádel together, have lunches outside of the office and hang out together on Fridays and go mountain biking together in the weekend
- A great opportunity that will challenge you a lot!
Note: Due to the Corona virus we currently do not relocate people, so you need to be in Barcelona already.