Head of Risk
Who ever said that Risk & Compliance was boring and dull never worked for Fourthline! Prepare yourself for a fast-growing scale-up in the FinTech and RegTech space that is changing the way people think about KYC processes and regulatory environments. We are (one of) the only fully regulated KYC providers and a market disruptor. Fourthline develops smart and innovative solutions and is a trusted institute for highly regulated partners. This is a role where you can really make your mark on the organization - no fully scoped-out job where you are just ‘a means to an end’ or a tick box exercise. As the company is growing, we expect you to evolve and grow with us and at Fourthline we promise you the chance to do just that. Throw away your tie and mothball-ridden suits as you will not need those with us.
Together with Compliance & Legal, is to form the best ‘second line’ we could ever wish for. You will take charge of Risk Management within Fourthline, together with your team (5fte). With the ever-changing risk landscape and growth in our market you can have a major impact on the organization. We will accompany you in your mission by providing management support and the ultimate goal to grow together!
What you will do
- Act as the Risk sparring partner towards the Senior Management Team and work closely with Compliance and Legal to form a perfect second line of defense
- Direct reporting line to the CEO/CFO and the Risk & Compliance Committee of the Supervisory Board
- Own, continuously update and improve the risk control framework (including IT) in-line with Fourthline’s growth ambitions
- Regularly report risks, risk limitations and risk management to the Risk and Compliance Committee and CEO / finance
- Support the annual risk appetite assessment, and where necessary design key risk indicators, early warning indicators, and risk response strategies
- Lead and manage the risk management team
- Effectively support Fourthline’s risk monitoring programme and ensure key risks are adequately addressed and where necessary, further implement policies and procedures to mitigate and manage identified risks
- Train the Fourthline team to increase risk awareness
- Drive regulatory risk reporting, including SIRA and other policies
- Support us in obtaining and adhere to external certifications, assurance and audit reports, such as ISO 27001, ISAE 3000 and/or 3402, eIDAS and country specific certifications (e.g. ANSSI in France)
- Build strong relationships with the first line teams including Operations and IT based on trust and transparency
- Expand risk dashboards (including risk findings and sample based QA reporting) to provide management with actionable insight.
- Academic education bolstered by relevant additional courses related to Risk Management / IT risk management (CISSP, CISA or RE certification is preferred)
- You possess 10 years of experience in different roles within (IT) Risk Management, Audit or Non Financial Risk, ideally gained within a scale-up or similar dynamic organisation, preferably in the financial sector
- You will have experience in specialised IT-risk related topics (e.g. Business continuity management, outsourcing, data migration, quality assurance, emerging technologies, project management, data analytics, IT Audit, external and internal audit and assurance)
- You will have had some management experience and know what it is to enthuse, support and lead from the front
- As a person you bring:
- Hands-on and proactive attitude - you can roll your sleeves up with the best of them;
- A thirst to collaborate with the first line in mitigation of risks and advising on the control framework;
- You are an excellent communicator, being both approachable and transparent;
- We don’t need to tell you what acronyms like SIRA, ISAE and ISO mean, but you can tell us from first-hand experience how you’ve applied and mastered them previously;
- A mindset that meets Fourthline’s view that embracing regulation leads to business opportunities;
- You thrive in a hyper-growth company.
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people and that is why we offer:
- Good compensation package with fixed salary (compared to other startup benchmarks);
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance;
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries;
- A great team together with Compliance and Legal, with a reporting line directly into senior management;
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the fantastic Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues;
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays;
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy;
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team that will grow a lot in 2021 and 2022;
- Flat structure and open communication;
- Five office dogs (current count).
Note: For now we strongly prefer to hire people located in the Netherlands already. We also only offer visa support for those already working in the Netherlands as non-EU citizen