Head of Northern Europe
Fourthline is a rapidly growing fintech startup, based in Amsterdam and Barcelona. For regulated enterprises with digital identity challenges, Fourthline offers a bankgrade identity stack and unmatched guidance. We help banks and leading fintech companies with their KYC (short for Know Your Customer).
We have grown >100% in the last quarters alone and work with companies like N26, KPN, DEGIRO, Trade Republic, Nationale Nederlanden, Wish, Solarisbank, Bol.com, and many more! With 230 Fourthliners today, we are on a mission to fight financial crime! Since the launch of our KYC solutions early 2018, we have run millions and millions of verifications. In the past twelve months, we have signed contracts with Europe’s most respected (neo)banks, online brokers, and fintechs.
With VC backing of 20mn+ and a strong leadership team, we are working on the next phase of our growth with rapid expansion across Europe. We are well on our way, with the Netherlands already being only our fourth largest country. To further accelerate this growth in the Benelux, Germany and Nordics region, we need you to join our company as Head of Northern Europe!
“Easy as ABC...” -- some reasons why you might enjoy working here:
Enjoy the freedom and autonomy. Fourthline launched its first product only in January 2018. This implies you'll have a lot of opportunity and freedom (exciting greenfield) when it comes to execution and potential. The market potential in the European region is huge and we're ready to scale into new territories!
Further strengthen your leadership and strategy skills. You will be responsible for leading and building out Fourthline’s Northern European market. Together with your team of Enterprise AEs and BDRs, you will define the strategy for the region, including go-to-market, sales, local partnership, PR, localization and more. We expect you to hire and inspire a team of top talents.
Build out your entrepreneurial and sales skills. As a leader for our region, you’ll define both the high-level strategy, as well as get into the trenches to work with the team, running complex sales cycles with banks and fintechs. You have a knack for raw execution and can hit the ground running. The largest part of your role consists of sales and new business development, which is something you have extensive experience at and love doing.
Learning on steroids from the team. You'll work closely with our Senior Leadership (Ex-McKinsey, ex-WorldPay, ex-ABN Amro) and report to our CCO (ex-Stripe, ex-McKinsey). A growing team of driven folks, with a mix of both young and experienced colleagues, that are here to disrupt the market.
Chill with our office dogs. With our office next to the Vondelpark (and after a bit less COVID and a bit more vaccine), you'll hopefully enjoy the two dogs of the commercial team: Maya and Sir Nelson!
What we are looking for in you. Or, what you bring to the table
- 8-12+ years of working experience in (enterprise) sales or business development.
- Strong track record of ownership, leadership and business development, backed by quantifiable data.
- Fintech or startup experience to ensure you hit the ground running. Ideally you have both, at minimum one.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills.
- An optimistic and positive mindset
- Professional skills in English and Nordics or German language would be a BIG plus
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people and that is why we offer:
- Great compensation package (fix + bonus) -- certainly compared to other startup benchmarks
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance and (fin)tech
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team that will grow a lot
- Flat structures and open communication
And when we can go to the office again:
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam (after a period of spinning up, we are open to you working from other locations)
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
- Five office dogs (current count)
NOTE: For this role we can only consider people that are in the possession of an European passport and that are either in The Netherlands already or are willing to relocate to Amsterdam (without too much support)