Head of IT Security
Fourthline is a leading RegTech scale-up that has been growing massively in the Identity & verification (ID&V) space for the past 3 years. The foundation of this is a product that we are proud of already take to the next level by extensive automation and expert knowledge. To secure our product and engineering organization we now look for a Head of IT Security that can accelerate innovation, security processes & policies and guide our talented team of musketeers (Laura, Wim & Luigi) so that they can take the next steps in their career as well. We are not your standard – traditional – finance institution and security, risk and compliance are at the core of our DNA. That means that you can have a major impact within Fourthline.
And here is a TL;DR: scaling security, leading & coaching a small team, RegTech, FinTech, Technical + business-driven, IAM, GRC, ITAM, Information privacy, GDPR, Policies and engineering challenges, fast scaling environment, personal growth, and development guaranteed.
As Head of IT Security, it is your mission to turn Fourthline into a fortress that cannot be taken! Together with the team, that already established a lot, you will ensure the security environment (technical and non-technical) and all risks involved for Fourthline are covered and ready for battle. You ensure that we follow all regulations and continuously improve our security environment and all-encompassing policies for our colleagues, regulators, and our clients alike. This role is for the person that wants to make a big impact. To break this up into tasks & projects:
- You make the products we are building as secure as possible.
- You serve and protect our clients and the partners of our clients by keeping the data secure from a business, regulation, and technical point of view.
- You define our Corporate Security Strategy plan.
- Identify Security goals, KPI’s and OKR's.
- You are an advisor to our C-Level in all things related to IT Security.
- Take charge of Security Risk Management.
- Promote close collaboration with DPO, Risk Management & our Legal Counsel.
- Coordinate our Vulnerability & Patch Management Programs.
- Manage our Incident Response Planning.
- You make sure that our IT Security is complying with all the rules and regulations
that we are bound to by being a regulated FinTech and RegTech institution.
- In the end, you ensure that the product and our corporate IT are secure, and with that the people and the systems.
Coach, guide, lead and encourage our Security team to improve, learn and grow.
Communicate, engage and be a solid team player
with our Head of Product, Engineering Manager, and other stakeholders.
- Take a lot of responsibility within Fourthline to drive “security”
as this is one of the key aspects of our product and way of working.
We feel that for this role we look for a person that has extensive experience (+8 years)
in the IT field and brings leadership experience of (small) teams already. We see an added bonus in people that (partly) spent their career in a technology security consulting environment within the top-tier consultancies and rapidly changing (startup) environments.
Master’s/ MBA degree in security, technology, or a related field.
Conceptual strong thinker in all things IT Security related.
Driver personality: be the engine that drives Security forward in the organization.
Deep technical understanding and previous experience managing a technical team.
- Background in a regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge in concepts like IAM, GRC, ITAM, DAC, RBAC, ABAC.
- Experienced in building and carrying out Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery.
- Well-versed with regulatory compliance (e.g. EBA, PCI-DSS, GDPR) and ISO 27001 audits.
Native (or near) control over the English language in writing and speaking.
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people and that is why we offer
- Great compensation package (with base + bonus), certainly compared to other scaleups/startups
- The chance to work at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, teaming with the biggest names in fintech and banking
- An opportunity to work for a multinational scale-up that is growing rapidly (1,000% growth over 3 years)
- Opportunities to match your ambitions: Your ideas will be needed so that together we can become the biggest and best online identity provider in the world (whilst releasing other new products!)
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance and (fin)tech
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Flat structures and open communication
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
- Five office dogs (current count)
NOTE: For this role we can only consider people that are Amsterdam/Randstad area based (We will not relocate from outside Europe - due to Corona). We will be able to offer sponsorship to those that already hold an HSM status in the Netherlands.