At Fourthline we are looking for a Data Engineer. Your job? Hero. How? By helping your AI team that consists of Data Scientists, Computer Vision Engineers and Data Analysts perform better. Why? That should not even be a question. You are a Data Engineer that designs, builds, and maintains data pipelines!
You: “Hero huh? Finally some recognition” ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We: “Yes... 100% Yes”
As our Data Engineer, you can imagine that you have your work cut out for you. However… don’t expect a flawless process in place, don’t expect clear-cut data and pipelines, and also don’t think that we have all the tools ready for use. What you can expect however, and why we think this is a cool place to be and develop yourself, is a talented team with cutting-edge technological solutions where you can have a lot of impact, freedom of choice and a great data set to work with. Does that sound cool to you?
What you will work on…
…apart from the designs, building, and maintaining of (new) data pipelines is:
- Do research in what we do right already, what we do wrong at the moment, and find out things we don’t do yet, but we definitely should do from now on.
(Think pre-processing, cleaning, and verification activities, build better data pipelines / DWH)
- Create concise and efficient analysis and reporting
(dashboarding, data virtualization and setup of alarms and database performance management)
- Help us understand the best practices in data engineering and use them together with (new) tooling implementations to make us more consistent and on top of all data in our company.
(This should help our AI team to get better and faster results and ask you for help)
- Furthermore, we would love you to be involved in:
- Helping out with data annotation and solve challenges around data sizing, privacy, and more.
- The setup of scalable data architecture with very high-performance capacity and make the data available for our Computer Vision Engineers and Data guys.
- Improve our ETL processes would be awesome!
- Implementation of monitoring, alerting, and logging. Combine this with quality controls to give more reliability to our data.
- Rolling out machine learning models to production together with the team.
- Security is important within our company! Can you provide added value there?
Are you our savior?
Would be great and based on the current talent in our teams we would need:
- MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or related field.
- A team player with great communication skills to help the team forward.
- A Data Engineering background for at least 5 years.
- Great skills in programming (in Python and/or C#) and SQL.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and data modeling like Star schema, etc.
- Preferably Cloud experience in AWS and/or Azure (we have both).
- Worked with Data pipelines, (semi-)structuring of big data and ETL systems.
- Experience with OCR, RNN, CNN, and other AI-related technology is a big plus!
What would be nice to have:
- Understanding of Apache frameworks like Airflow, Spark.
- Basic understanding of Docker and Terraform.
- Experience with Tableau.
What we offer, next to a good salary...
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people. We work with the most modern technology and you get:
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays (the AI team takes this really seriously…)
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team (not kidding. These guys are smart…)
- Flat structures and open communication
- Weekly presentations on Computer Vision, Data Science and you can have input as well
- Ping pong/darts/table football, because it is fun... not because it is cool to mention :)
NOTE: For this role we can only consider people that are Amsterdam/Randstad area based (We will not relocate from outside Europe - due to Corona). We will be able to offer sponsorship to those that already hold an HSM status in the Netherlands.