Who ever said that Risk & Compliance was boring and dull never worked for Fourthline! Prepare yourself for a fast-growing scale-up in the FinTech and RegTech space that is changing the way people think about KYC processes and regulatory environments. We are (one of) the only fully regulated KYC providers and disrupt and improve the market. Fourthline develops smart and innovative solutions and manages to be a trusted institute for highly regulated partners. Do you get the full scope of what you just read? No boring assignments where you can dream the end before ever started. No fully scoped job where you are just ‘a means to an end’. With Fourthline we promise you full responsibility to add to your & our growth… Of course, while (or because?) we are compliant with all regulations we need to adhere to. Does that sound like your next challenge? Throw away your asphyxiating tie and put away your suits with some mothballs, because you will not need those with us.
Together with Risk & Legal, you will form the best ‘second line’ we could ever wish for. Based in Amsterdam and with incidental travel to Barcelona, you will take charge of some essential projects within Fourthline. Some projects we already initiated, but many are new and you can have a major impact on the result we strive for. In turn, we give you lots of freedom and autonomy to execute this rule to the fullest of your potential with enough guidance from our senior management team.
Tasks & Projects for maximum impact
To be successful you will have both an internal role and
an external role. And even more, you are the one that we can trust as a reliable partner.
- You will focus on the preservation of the organization's reputation and be responsible for timely identification, analysis, and remediation of compliance risks.
- You oversee the reporting of suspicious activity to Dutch authorities.
- Act as the point of contact for our regulators (DNB, FCA, etc.).
- You are responsible for the necessary reporting obligations and questionnaires of clients and regulators.
- You support the organization to comply with legislation and regulations (specifically AML directive). Here you not only look explicitly at what the law says but also the "spirit" of the law and how it has been inferred and implemented across the relevant jurisdictions and what the thoughts are surrounding upcoming legislative changes in countries of relevance.
- You monitor compliance with all relevant rules, laws, and regulations (both internal & external).
- You pro-actively advise and support management and the business teams on developments in the field of legislation and responsible for compliance awareness across the organization.
- Take responsibility for the provision of the annual training of all employees with the Company on various topics including but not limited to anti-money laundering, suspicious activities, and reporting of transactions.
- Report to the Management Team and Risk & Compliance Committee on matters relating to compliance with external regulations and internal rules.
- You will take the role of our designated Data Privacy Officer (no previous experience required; we make sure you get the proper training).
- Perform risk analysis - country and regulatory risk assessments, advisory and you take responsibility for all decisions related to markets and their associated national identity documents in accordance with our internal policies.
As a professional you
- Are a University graduate in the field of Legal, Compliance, Risk or related
- Bring + 5 years of experience, preferably in financial sector and knows how to deal with regulators
- Bring deep understanding of the Dutch, EU regulatory environment and key regulatory compliance regime
- Are a strong communicator as you need to represent us in discussions with regulators (and clients)
- Can work and operate autonomously
- Bring experience within a regulatory appointed role
- Have knowledge of risk and compliance environment (e.g. 3 lines of defense, GDPR, governance etc.)
- Experience as a money laundering reporting officer would be an added bonus
- Can operate within a fast pace and rapidly changing scale-up environment
- Are: flexible / result driven / and know how to complete projects from start to finish
- Compliance qualification is something we would like to see
- Preferably you have a fluent control over both the Dutch language as well as English.
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people and that is why we offer:
- Good compensation package with fixed salary
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- A very nice team with together with Risk and Legal with a reporting line directly into management
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team that will grow a lot in 2021
- Flat structures and open communication
- Five office dogs (current count).
NOTE: For this role, we can only consider people that are Amsterdam/Randstad area-based (We will not relocate from outside Europe - due to Corona).