Backend Developer Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
Join our Computer Vision and Machine learning team, where things move fast and where we build great AI technology with our talented team of AI and ML Engineers.
Fourthline combines great backend technologies with a talented team to build a robust product that focuses on automation and integrating Machine Learning technologies throughout. We combine .NET Core with AWS, Linux, Microservices with our ML tech stack containing Python, C++, TensorFlow, TensorFlow Serving, OpenCV, Docker.
We are on a mission to automate the most critical online onboarding solution to catch crime and identity fraud! We want to do this by the sheer commitment, knowledge, and cooperation of our Machine Learning engineers and researchers to make sure that our solution is impenetrable and the most reliable of its kind. And we have done some really cool things already… Now we need you to help us get even better at it! So, bring it on…
Your job at Fourthline
We think it is fair to say that you can prepare yourself for the ride and learning experience of your lifetime. We have the best engineers to work with. We will not (and cannot) tell you everything in detail here, impossible! So many cool things going on, but more generally:
- Build, improve and work on our AI processing pipeline that incorporates multiple ML/CV techniques
> Create real-time processing solution utilizing machine learning techniques and bring them into production
> Create APIs, prototypes, and products using: TensorFlow Serving, AWS, and more (you can add new things if it suits our goals)
> Continuously optimize our technology based on millions of newly processed images
> Automate and optimize the full machine learning pipeline from dataset preparation, to annotation, preprocessing, continuous training, and testing until finally bringing to production
- Work together with our dedicated (and genuinely fun!) team to make the best product we can think of… Or better… Make it something we couldn’t even dream of… You rock!
- Communication is key! Since we work with our AI DevOps team, Fraud team, our KYC development team, and our Mobile teams we and you need to make sure your new model is of added value to everyone.
- To learn as a professional yourself as well... We like the continuous learning attitude, and you are in good hands! We do weekly knowledge-sharing sessions to keep ourselves up to date and discuss the most recent research, new tech, and fundamentals in computer science!
Hard requirements (knock out criteria)
5+ years of software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages, of which at least 3 years in .NET
- Expert knowledge of .NET Core 2.x, 3.x, .NET 5.x
- Good knowledge on C# (8 or later)
- Unit and integration testing with XUnit (MSTest / Nunit are a plus)
- Worked with ORMs (EF Core) and knowledge of Linq
- Experience using .NET Core Web API to implement REST APIs
- Understanding of SOLID principles and DDD
- Knowledge of common software design patterns
Worked with Git and CI /CD in Azure DevOps
Used Cloud providers such as AWS and Azure (experience with ECS and Terraform are great!
- You are either an EU citizen or in possession of a valid Dutch work visa (preferably based in Amsterdam / the Netherlands already)
Other things we would like to see
- Hands-on experience in making algorithms and networks production-ready and deploying them in cloud services
- Experience in Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Programming skills with Python and/or C/C++
- Understanding of deep learning algorithms and workflows, in particular working with large scale visual data is of added value to us
- Understanding of the algorithms used in our domain should be up to date (the latest developments in computer vision and machine learning)
- Experience creating new successful APIs and SDK's delivered in multiple languages (nice to have)
- You are expected to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the capability of thinking out of the box and seeing around corners (pro-active working attitude!)
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people and that is why we offer
- Great compensation package, certainly compared to other scaleups/startups
- The chance to work at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, teaming with the biggest names in fintech and banking
- An opportunity to work for a multinational scale-up that is growing rapidly (1,000% growth over 3 years)
- Opportunities to match your ambitions: Your ideas will be needed so that together we can become the biggest and best online identity provider in the world (whilst releasing other new products!)
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- A workplace in our fun office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues (when allowed again)
- After-work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays (when allowed again)
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team that will grow a lot
- Flat structures and open communication
- Ping pong/darts/table football, because it is fun (when allowed again)
- Five office dogs (current count)