Back End Developer (.NET core / .NET 5)
Fourthline combines great backend technologies with a talented team to build a robust product that focuses on automation and integrating ML technologies throughout. We combine .NET Core with AWS, Linux, Microservices and more… In our cooperating teams in Amsterdam and Barcelona, we work in squads and multi-disciplinary scrum teams. We believe that everyone can have impact and bring new and innovative ideas that contribute to the bigger picture.
Your mission at Fourthline:
Preventing Financial crime from happening by building the best in class software together with an awesome and talented team.
You will be involved in multiple projects (or parts of the puzzle) in a rotation system and will focus on:
- You design, you develop, you test, you deploy and maintain and improve our software
- Since we have a lot of things going on, you are able to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables that we decided upon in the sprints.
- You can coach and mentor other people in the team in Amsterdam and Barcelona on a need-be basis
- With your experience, you contribute to our growth with what you learned from your successes and your failures, and take responsibility in the architectural decision making.
- Get everything documented properly, the boring part - we know - but oh so important for replication of success!
- You understand the entire development lifecycle and work closely with others in squads, with the Platform- and QA teams
- You combine technical and soft skills to tackle other people's challenges, understanding that people-based solutions are are just as needed as technology-based ones.
NET Core 3.1 (moving to .NET 5.0!) – We have a cloud-based Microservices Architecture that includes REST APIs, Docker, Message Queues (RabbitMQ), RDBMS (PostgreSQL), Data Warehouse (AWS Redshift), and a lot more!
5+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, of which at least 3 years in .NET
- Expert knowledge of .NET Core 2.x, 3.x, .NET 5.x
- Good knowledge on C# (8 or later)
- Unit and integration testing with XUnit (MSTest / Nunit are a plus)
- Worked with ORMs (EF Core) and knowledge of Linq
- Experience using .NET Core Web API to implement REST APIs
- Understanding of SOLID principles and DDD
- Knowledge of common software design patterns
Worked withGit and CI /CD in Azure DevOps
Used Cloud providers such as AWS and Azure (experience with ECS and Terraform are great!
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
NOTE: Due to Corona we highly prefer people living in the Netherlands already. We will not relocate candidates for this position and are only able to provide VISA support for those already in the Netherlands.
What we offer, next to a good salary...
At Fourthline, we care about attracting and retaining the best people. We work with the most modern technology and...
- Great compensation package -- certainly compared to other startup benchmarks
- The chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global finance and (fin)tech
- 25 days of vacation to recharge your batteries
- High degree of collaboration and autonomy
- Crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team that will grow a lot (+10 people next year!)
- Flat structures and open communication
And when we can go to the office again:
- A workplace in our beautiful new office right next to the beautiful Vondelpark in Amsterdam
- Daily catered, fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
- After work drinks in our very own bar on Fridays
- Five office dogs (current count).