Android Developer - Client Integrations
We build our Mobile SDK with the newest frameworks, some cutting edge technologies and integrate that with our client native apps. We value high quality, test our work and expect our colleagues in the mobile team to come up with creative solutions, do R&D to get to these solutions and have a mindset around problem solving, creative thinking and autonomy & freedom. We help other FinTech companies (neo-banks, crypto, traders), Banking as a Service providers and companies in the financial industry that are growing and innovating their services!
Within our mobile team we identified two disciplines that are needed within the team. Firstly we see that we work with a lot of clients that can use some help when it comes to their integrations of the Fourthline SDK we built. therefore we see the chance for a Client Integrations Developer that focuses more on client requests, helping the development teams of our clients and a broader focus on our native app, new feature identification and also core development capacities.
Secondly, we are also looking for a SDK Developer that has a strong focus on working in complex architecture, working with vision frameworks and the willingness to really deep dive into code, R&D and building new features.
(for the Mobile SDK role, click the link here)
Mission for the Integrations team:
Make hundreds of thousands of consumers happy with a flawless onboarding system that you build & integrate together with the team.
The top 5 things to achieve this:
Supporting all our top notch clients that are in the FinTech (neo-banks, crypto, traders), Banking as a Service and financial industry! In the integration phase when they implement and start working with our SDK. Providing the developers and product owners of our clients with the right support, documentation, API's and personal/professional attention
- Pick up on signals for new features and development opportunities. This means that you are able to translate problems into solutions and discuss them with the team and see if you and the team can build this if it makes sense
Collaboration with the SDK team. The SDK team builds new features, does a lot of R&D and you need to translate this to actionable client solutions. Yes, you can build them yourself or do this together with the team
Prioritizing your work and client support. You will be asked to code, document, research, solve problems and work together in a super smart team with high quality demand. That means you need to prioritize your work and be flexible at the same time. Hard, but super interesting
Development focus. We put it at the bottom of the list, but don't underestimate the development part! You will still code 50% of the time and build, craft and design on new functionalities within our SDK, native app (UI as well), and can work on internal projects together with our SDK/core development team! (our stack can be found on the bottom of the vacancy.)
+4 years of experience as a mobile developer
- A degree in Computer Science or related
- Experience in a client facing role (remote is fine!) where you collaborated with external engineering teams
- Great working knowledge on the more recent Kotlin versions and Android frameworks
Team player mentality
- Great understanding about clean code and unit testing (very important to us)
...Also awesome would be if you also have...
- Understanding of / interest in computer vision techniques
- Experience in Agile way of working
UI + Backend SDK experience, but knowledge on Mobile SDK's is preferred, not necessary
Liked what you read and are now wondering what you can expect from us?
We are growing fast! That means a lot of room for impact in a fairly new KYC market that is exploding! You will get the chance to work in a multinational and rapidly growing scale-up that works with leading names in global FinTech, Banking as a Service, Crypto and trading platforms. And next to that we offer:
- A great compensation package
- 25 days of holidays to chill
- Pension scheme in place
- A 50/50 hybrid WFH/WFO model. We believe the office can be key to collaborate, be creative and align. And we know you can be productive at home when focus is required
- Senior leadership team and growth driven teams that bring out the best in you
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy in a highly motivated, talented team
- Flat structures and open communication
- Office dogs! (they are the cutest!)
- Snacks & fruit always available. And when we are allowed to create more freedom you can find catered lunch + awesome Friday drinks in our very own bar again!
Distribution: GitHub, Azure DevOps using Gradle/Maven
Frameworks/Libraries: Google ML Kit (OCR, Face Detection, Barcode scanning), Android NFC, Bouncy Castle, Coroutines, Dagger, Dokka, Camera2, Appcompat family, Firebase products
Unit testing: JUnit, Mockito, Espresso , Barista
minSdkVersion: 21, but we’re moving to 23 ASAP
Methodology: Agile/Scrum, CI/CD
Also: Architectural and software patterns, SOLID.